How to find WiFi Password on iPhone is available now and you can how to find WiFi Password on iPad after this latest update of 2018. Even how to find WiFi Password on PC is Possible. After you enter the Wi-Fi network using your iPhone, all information including the Wi-Fi name and password will be saved. And when you’re close, your iPhone will automatically detect the Wi-Fi network and connect to it. This makes it easy for you to forget all about passwords.
Now, if you don’t remember the Wi-Fi password that is stored and wants to take it for several purposes, you are in the right place. In this post, I will show you to easily How to Find WiFi Password on iPhone and iPad.
How to find WiFi Password on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
You must know that Wi-Fi passwords stored in your iPhone are saved in a safe place also, you cannot access them directly from the Wi-Fi settings from the Settings application. Therefore, you have to jailbreak your device to take protection and also read system files – the best solution. Or, yet another way which can be used is to apply the Keychain and Mac computer features. I will discuss all of this in this post.
1. See Wi-Fi Passwords on jailbroken devices
There is a new jailbreak tweak called the Wi-Fi Password List, which allows you to see the Wi-Fi network password that you have followed before. After the tweak is installed, you will see a new application added to your Home screen. When you launch the application, you will see a list of your saved Wi-Fi networks and the password will appear under each Wi-Fi name. You can even tap each Wi-Fi name to get more information about the access point, as in the picture above.
The Wi-Fi Password List is compatible with iOS 9 to iOS 7. You can download it for free from the BigBoss repository.
2. See Wi-Fi Passwords stored using the Keychain
As you know, you can access Wi-Fi passwords by using an application called “Security Access” on Mac. This application stores all passwords and synchronizes them with your iCloud account.
On iOS devices, we also have Keychain in iCloud settings. So what we need to do is log in iCloud and turn on this feature. After our passwords are synchronized with an iCloud account, we will be able to see them on Mac. Following is a step by step tutorial:
- On your iPhone, navigate to Settings>iCloud. If you haven’t logged in, sign into your iCloud account.
- Scroll down and set “Keychain” to ON to synchronize your password with your iCloud account.
- Then, on your Mac, open Apple>System Preferences>iCloud. After the window opens, make sure there is a check mark in front of “Keychain”. So that the password will be synchronized between your Mac and your iPhone.
- Launch “Key Chain Access” in/Application/Utilities (you can quickly access it from Spotlight with Command + Space).
- In Access Keychain, select “iCloud” from the list on the left. Now find the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to reveal the details and double-click on it.
- Select the “Attribute” tab in the new window and click on the checkbox next to “Show Password”
You will be asked to enter your administrator name and password. After your confirm, the Wi-Fi password will appear in the text box. If you are not great at things like password management, I would recommend you to install 1Password from the App Store. This is an application that is useful for tracking not only Wi-Fi passwords but also any passwords you use on your device. Also, you can backup password strength to Dropbox or iCloud and make them safe.
You will find many opportunities with How to find WiFi Password on iPhone. If you know there are other tricks for WiFi Passwords or have some questions, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments section below. In my next post, I’ll introduce you to a more useful and interesting post, so keep visiting our post.